Four Villages is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal health information collected from the clients. We value the trust of our clients, and of the public, and recognize that to maintain this trust, we have to be open and accountable in how we treat the information that the client chooses to share with us.
Collection of Personal Health Information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits to Four Villages, and the care that you received during those visits. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- provide and coordinate your health care,
- communicate with or consult other health care providers,
- plan, evaluate, administer and manage Four Villages services and programs,
- conduct risk management and quality improvement activities,
- conduct research and teach,
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements, such as reporting to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care,
- fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Health Information
Ontario has a law that protects your personal health information (Personal Health Information and Protection Act). You have the right to know how we may use and give out your personal health information and how you can get access to it.
- Access to your personal health information. You or a person who can make decisions for you about your personal health information have the right to see and get a copy of your personal health information and to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal health information. You can do this by giving us a verbal or written request. We must fulfill your request within 30 days.
- Withdrawal and withholding of your consent. When you are asked for personal health information, you have the choice to agree or refuse to provide the information. You can also control some of the uses and disclosures of your information.
- Making a complaint. You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at: 2 Bloor St. East, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M4W 1A8, Tel: 416-326-3333, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are certain exceptions to these rights. Ask our Privacy Officer for details.
Four Villages is Responsible to:
- Take steps to keep your information safe and secure and to protect it from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- Conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- Take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to or as permitted by law.
- Get your permission before we give your personal health information to others when your consent is required.
- Inform you if your personal health information is stolen, lost or improperly accessed.
How to Contact Us
Our Privacy Officer is Kasia Filaber. For more information about our privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact us at 1700 Bloor St. West, Toronto, ON M6P 4C3, 416-604-3361, email@example.com.